Here's another recipe of a popular Chinese Soup, Mein Chow Soup, a thick, hot and spicy soup enhanced with mint and coriander.
- 6 cups clear vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 3 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Topping:
- coriander (finely chopped) and chilli oil
- Heat the oil on a high flame in a wok / frying pan.
- Add the mint leaves, garlic, ginger & vegetables and stir fry over a high flame for 2-3 mins.
- Add the stock, vinegar, soya sauce, chilli sauce, pepper powder and salt and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add the stock, soya sauce, salt and pepper powder.
- Make a mixture of cornflour in 1 cup of water and slowly add to the soup.
- Cook for another 2 mins while stirring continuously.
- Mix a little chilli oil.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander, chillies in vinegar, soya sauce and chilli sauce.
Pictures courtesy: google