Recipe for Spinach Soup, a very light hot soup for spinach lovers.
- 15-20 spinach leaves, cut into big pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 teacups clear vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp dried mushrooms
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame oil: 1 tsp (topping)
- Remove the stalks from the dried mushrooms and soak the mushrooms in ½ cup of boiling water for 30 minutes and strain the mushrooms. Cut in small pieces. Keep aside.
- Blanch the spinach in hot water, drain the water, put spinach in a blender and strain to form a smooth puree.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach puree and cook over high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, soya sauce and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle sesame oil on top and serve hot with chillies in vinegar, soya sauce and chilli sauce.