Common Fever generally begins with slight shivering and pain in the head & other body parts.
- Grapefruit juice (fruit juice from grapefruits, rich in Vitamin C) is effective in all fevers and removes the burning sensation produced by the fever. Mix and consume 1/2 a glass of grapefruit juice with half a glass of water.
- Orange is also another natural cure, which enhances body resistance against infections and helps in digesting foods. Mix and consume 1/2 a glass of orange juice, add a little sugar with half a glass of water.
- Holy Basil, the leaves of holy basil are effective in curing common fever. Boil 12 gms of basil leaves in 1/2 ltr of water. Add 1 tsp of sugar and a pinch of powdered cardamom. Consume this with 1/2 cup of milk, twice daily.
- Tea made from Fenugreek Seeds, helps in reducing fevers.
- Tea made from Saffron is another effective home remedy for fever. Put 1/2 tsp of saffron in 30 ml of boiling water and have a teaspoon of this tea every hour till the fever reduces.
- Raisin extract is beneficial in the treatment of common fever. Soak 20-25 raisins in 1/2 cup of water and then crush them in the same water. Strain the water, add 1/2 tsp of lime juice to the tonic. Take take twice daily.
- Apricots are also used to cure common fever. Mix fresh Apricot juice with 1 tsp of honey and take twice daily. This juice eliminates the waste products from the body and supplies vitamins and minerals.