A cough is caused by inflammation of the larynx / pharynx. A cough can also develop in the chest due to seasonal changes including weather changes.
- Grapes help a great deal in treating cough and cold. Take 1 cup grape juice with 1 tsp honey mixed to it.
- Almonds are excellent for curing dry coughs. Soak overnight 5-6 almonds in water, peel off the brown skin and grind them to form a powder. Add a little butter & sugar to the ground almonds to form a paste.
- Raw Onions can be grated to extract onion juice. Mix 1 tsp of onion juice with juice of 1 lemon & 1 tsp of honey. Take 2-3 times daily.
- Raisins are also very useful in treating Cough. Blend 100 gms of raisins with equal quantity of sugar and a little water. Heat the mixture till thick. This should be taken at bedtime daily.
- Tea made with Aniseed is another effective remedy to cure hard dry cough.