Another mouth watering North Indian recipe with cauliflower being the main ingredient.
I prepared this recipe in the microwave where the cauliflower retains its natural flavour and taste.
- 1 cauliflower (250-300 gms)
- paste of 1 onion
- paste of 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped (for garnishing)
- Wash and cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Take a microwave safe bowl and microwave oil at 100% for 30 secs.
- Take a small bowl and make a paste by mixing onion, tomatoes and ginger & garlic paste with a little water. Keep aside.
- Add cumin seeds, salt and turmeric powder and the prepared paste and microwave at 100% power for 4-5 mins. Stir in between.
- Add cauliflower florets, garam masala. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Microwave covered for 5 mins. at 100% power. Again microwave for 4 more mins at 60% power.
- Allow to stand for 5 mins.
- Remove bowl from microwave oven and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti / parantha.