A yummy starter, an ideal dish to have as an evening snack with tea / coffee.
- 10 bread slices
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup canned sweet corn, cream style
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1tsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Filling:
- Heat oil and saute the onion and green chilli for 1 min.
- Add the sweet corn, soya sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook till mixture is dry.
- Remove from fire and cool.
- Take a bowl of water, soak the bread slices a little and press with both hands firmly to drain the excess water.
- Put a little mixture at a side each bread slice, close each slice and seal the edges to form a cylindrical roll.
- Make a light paste of the flour in ½ cup water. Apply the paste over the bread rolls.
- Heat oil and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with red chilli sauce.