I generally prepare cucumber & yogurt raita as it is liked by the family members. As tonight I am having a mint based menu, just added a few chopped mint leaves in the curd mixture to form a mint, cucumber & yogurt raita.
- 2 cups sour curd
- 1 small cucumber, grated
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seed / jeera powder
- a pinch rock salt, for garnishing
- Wash, peel and grate the cucumber and place the grated cucumber on a strainer to drain the excess water.
- Strain the curd in a clean & thin / muslin cloth to squeeze out the water and collect the curd in a mixing bowl.
- Add the grated cucumber (press to ensure that there is no excess water, chopped garlic & mint leaves and mix well.
- Add salt, powdered sugar, red chilli powder and mix well (Add ½ cup water, if required).
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Sprinkle rock salt & roasted cumin seed powder and serve well chilled.