Grape juice is obtained from crushing grapes and can also be sweetened and preserved as a alcoholic drink beverage. Grape juice has a range of health benefits.
Health benefits of Grape Juice:
- Grape juice purifies blood and lowers the risk of developing blood clots.
- Useful in curing cure cough, constipation, gout, rheumatism, skin and liver disorders.
- Grape juice lowers blood pressure, decreases acidity of the uric acid, benefiting the kidneys.
- Purple grape juice reduces the risk of heart disease and also fights cholesterol levels and atherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries).
- Both grapes and grape juice are rich sources of resveratrol, a specific type of natural plant chemical that slows the growth of cancer cells and prevents the formation of tumors in lymph, liver, stomach and breast cells.
Prepare a glass of fresh grape juice by following the following instructions:
- 500 gms green grapes (approx 500 gms of grapes = 2 cups of grape juice)
- sugar (as required)
- water (as required)
- a pinch of rock salt
- ice cubes, to serve
- Remove individual grapes from their stems, place them in a bowl and let the grapes soak in the water. Strain through a strainer to ensure that the grapes are clean.
- Pour the grapes in a deep bottomed bowl. Mash them thoroughly. Strain through a fine mesh strainer / cheesecloth and collect the juice into serving glass.
- Press the mashed grapes to collect any excess juice.
- Add sugar and water, stir well till sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate and serve chilled (dilute with a little water, if required) with a pinch of rock salt and ice cubes.