Cookies are the latest addition in my son's menu, specially the choco-chips chocolate cookies. While going through my microwave cookbook, I found a recipe for chocochip cookies. I altered the recipe a little and added some cashew nuts to prepare these mouth watering Cashew and Choco Chips Cookies....
Easy to prepare; takes about 30 mins and yields about 2 dozen cookies..
- 1-½ cups maida
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the microwave oven at 180˚C at convection mode.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg with vanilla extract. Keep aside.
- Take a bowl and beat butter and sugar till light and creamy. Mix in the beaten egg mixture till fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Add milk, chocolate chips and chopped almonds. Mix well.
- Put a spoonful of the mixtute on the greased non-stick tawa a little apart (to give place for expansion).
- Flatten slightly using a wooden spatula (you can add some more choco chips & chopped almonds on the top).
- Bake at 180˚C for 20-25 mins on lower rack till golden brown. Cool completely and serve with hot tea / coffee.