Salad is a must item in our dinner menu. So I to try find out new salad recipes which are easily prepared with ingredients available at home. Came across this recipe by browsing the site. A Morocoon Salad with grilled green capsicum and tomato with vinaigrette dressing.
- 2 large green capsicums
- 2 firm tomatoes, peeled & deseeded
Basic vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Wash, cut and dessed the capsicums into half. Grill the capsicums by placing the cut side down until the skin blisters and blackens. Cool peel and cut / dice into small pieces.
- Cut / dice tomatoes into small square pieces similar to the grilled capsicum.
- Take a mixing bowl and place the chopped capsicum and tomato.
- To make the vinaigrette dressing, combine all the ingredients mentioned and whisk together until the salt and sugar are compeltely dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and allow to stand for 10 minutes to gather flavour. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with a tomato flower and serve chilled.
Another entry going to the FIC-Red & Green event, hosted by Neha.