I love prawns / shrimps and like to prepare them in a curd gravy (Malai Curry) or steamed (Bhapa). Well Prawn Malai Curry is one of the popular mouth watering delicacy of Bengal, served with steamed rice, daals and curries.
I tried the instructions given in the microwave cookbook, altered a little (I didnt use mustard paste / sauce) but it turned out just as delicious....
- 300 gms (10-12) medium sized prawns (deveined & washed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup curd (beaten)
- 2 tbsp onion paste
- 1-1/2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp salt (to taste)
- Take the prawns in a bowl and add the ingredients of the marinade (coconut milk, curd, turmeric, salt and red chilli powder). Mix well and keep aside for 30 mins.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat oil at 100% power for 30 secs. Add the onion paste and microwave at 100% power for 4 mins (keep stirring in between).
- Add the marinated prawns. Cover and microwave at 60% power for 8 mins. (Stir after 4 mins).
- Allow to stand covered for 5 mins. Serve hot with steamed rice.