A colourful salad, a perfect combination of red & green going to the FIC-Red & Green event, hosted by Neha. I used red & capsicums coz the yellow coloured variety was not available. You can even add chopped onions, pickled jalapenos and spring onions to this salad.
- 1 medium sized red capsicum
- 1 medium sized green capsicum
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice (to taste)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- a little white oil, for roasting
- Wash the red & green capsicums. Brush the capsicums with white oil and slightly roast over gas flame.
- Allow to cool, cut & deseed the capsicums. Cut into long thin strips.
- Put all the sliced capsicums in a large mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Mix well. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
- While serving, sprinkle freshly ground pepper and mix well once again.
- You can even garnish with chopped coriander leaves / cilantro.
Serve chilled with snacks or consume by itself.
Add tomato ketchup to get that tangy and taste. If you like your salad hot, add chopped green chillies.