Tomatoes are used extensively in Mediterranean cuisine, especially Italian and Middle Eastern cuisines. Consumption of tomato is believed to benefit the heart among other things.
Another recipe from my microwave cookbook with a little alteration (recipe stated usage of turmeric and chat masala, both of which I omitted).
This year there were plenty of red & juicy tomatoes in the markets. I couldn't resist but try this recipe out for the first time.
- 4-6 large red tomatoes (hard & firm)
- 1 cup paneer, mashed
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Wash the tomatoes, cut a circular portion at the top and scoop out the seeds. (Keep upside down so that all the juices are removed).
- Take a microwave safe dish, mix chopped garlic, mashed paneer, chopped onion, green chillies, salt, pepper and butter for the filling. Microwave at 100% power for 2-3 mins.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the filling and keep in a microwave safe flat dish.
- Brush with oil and cover with cling foil. Microwave at 100% power for 2 mins. Allow to stand for 5 mins. Serve hot.
This is also going to 15 mins cooking event by Mahimaa...