Watermelon is not only delicious, but extremely healthy, as well. Though watermelons can be found in the markets throughout the year, the best quality & sweet watermelons are available only during summer time. Because of its higher water content, watermelon is ranked more valuable than other fruits.
- 1 large watermelon, de-seeded & chopped
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- crushed ice / ice cubes (as required)
- 4 glass chilled water (as required)
- Put chopped watermelon, powdered sugar, rock salt in a blender. Add crushed ice & chilled water and blend again.
- Pour into fancy glasses, sprinkle roasted cumin seeds powder and serve with ice cubes.
Some benifits of watermelon:
It is an excellent source of vitamin A, C and B1, B6 & B5, contains important antioxidants (red watermelon is also a source of the potent carotene antioxidant, called lycopene).
It fights free radicals in our bodies, helps in reducing colon & prostate cancer, asthma, heart disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
Most melons are rich in rich in electrolytes sodium, thiamin, magnesium and potassium, help in controlling blood pressure, regulate heart beat, and prevent heat strokes.
Watermelon has a special cooling effect, protects our bodies from several diseases. It is fat free but also helps in energy production.