The carrot is a root vegetable, usually orange or purple, red, white, and yellow in colour, with a crisp texture when fresh.
Carrots can be eaten in a variety of ways. The simplest way of eating is raw carrots, as carrots are perfectly digestible without cooking. They may be even chopped & boiled, fried or steamed, and cooked in soups and stews. A well known dish is carrots julienne (carrot cut into long thin strips).
Well here is the recipe for Crunchy Salad, using carrot juliennes.
- 2 carrot, cut into juliennes
- 1 cucumber, cut into juliennes
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled corn
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Combine the vegetables & corn in a bowl. Add salt, pepper & lemon juice. Toss and mix well.
- Arrange on a serving bowl. Enjoy your crunchy salad..
Making my son eat vegetables is a daunting task, moreover if he thinks bunny is only supposd to eat carrots...My mission was accomplished when he showed interested in having this salad with carrots & corn....
This is going to FIL - April - Carrot event, hosted by Sanghi of Sanghi's Food Delights.