Rava Laddoo (Suji Ladoo) is a tempting sweet in Indian cuisine and this one is going to the monthly event (challenge for the month of June) called Indian Cooking Challenge, hosted by Srivalli...She has already provided with the recipe...just wanted to mention that, I used the specified volumes, black cardamom powder and broken cashews (in place of whole cashewnuts)....
Ingredients: (Makes 10 laddoos of normal size)
- Rava / Semolina / Suji - 1 cup (150 gms)
- Sugar - 1 cup (125 gms)
- Ghee - 25 gms
- Milk - 25 ml
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Cashew nuts - 10 whole nuts
- Raisins - 10 nos
- Grated fresh coconut - 25 gms
Method to prepare:
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a kadai. Once the ghee is hot enough, simmer the flame and roast cashew nuts and raisins.
- Once the raisins balloon up, remove.
- Then roast the grated coconut. Remove once done. Keep all these aside.
- Add the remaining ghee and roast the Rava till its well roasted and aroma starts coming out.
- In a bowl, take all the roasted Rava, Nuts, Coconut and add the Cardamom powder. Then add the sugar. Mix well.
- Then slowly add the warm milk into the bowl. Check if you are able to gather as balls.
- When you find that milk added is enough to get you laddos, transfer it back to the kadai and cook in sim for 2 mins. Mix well and then cover it and let it rest for 2 mins.
- Then immediately make balls or laddoos.
I kept a little roasted rava aside, after forming the laddoos, I rolled them on the roasted rava to form a coating on the laddoos (to have a crunchy feeling). Enjoy!!!