I have prepared scrambled eggs before with various chopped vegetables (tomatoes, capsicums, boiled beans & carrots) and spices. While searching for more Parsi dishes, I came across Akuri, a spicy scrambled eggs recipe, a popular Parsi breakfast dish prepared with spices including cumin seeds, black pepper and chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic. It is served with pav / double roti.
- Eggs: 6
- Milk: 1/4 cup
- Onions, finely chopped: 4 medium
- Tomatoes, finely chopped: 2 medium
- Capsicum, finely chopped: 1 medium
- Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped: 2
- Ginger, finely chopped: 1/2"
- Green chillies, finely chopped: 2
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped: 1-2 bunch
- White oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- Beat eggs in a bowl, add salt and milk and whisk well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add chopped onions, saute a little till onions becomes tender and light golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds, chopped ginger & garlic, saute a little, add chopped tomatoes & coriander leaves and fry for 2-3 more mins.
- Add the beaten eggs, mix well and stir continuously over medium heat till eggs are well cooked and resembles scrambled eggs.
- Garnish with sliced capsicum rings, serve hot with buttered bread / rotis.