Capsicum rings, a light and crunchy dish, perfect for a hot cup of tea / coffee. The mint leaves provide unique flavour to the dish.
- Capsicums, firm: 3 medium sized
- Paneer (cottage cheese), grated / crumbled: 1 cup
- Raw Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed): 1/2 cup
- Mint (pudina), finely chopped: 4 tbsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped: 1-2
- Cornflour: 1-1/2 tbsp (as required)
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour (for coating capsicum rings)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Wash the capsicums, cut the stems and deseed them. Cut the capsicums into medium sized thick rings and keep aside.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Hold one capsicum ring in between the palms, carefully stuff the mixture and press tightly.
- Coat the capsicum ring with cornflour form all sides and deep fry in hot oil till they are golden brown. Repeat with the remaining capsicum pieces.
- Serve hot sprinkled with the chaat masala.