My kid started having pasta after 1 and half years. I used to prepare my own pasta sauce, the kid loved penne pasta with white sauce. Here is the recipe for creamy cheesy pasta.
- Pasta: 200 gms / 2 cups (penne, fusille, spaghetti, fettucine)
- Cheese (Mozzarella / Parmesan), grated: 1 cup
- Milk: 1 cup (as required)
- Garlic, finely chopped: 2-3 flakes
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Olive oil / white oil: 1 tbsp
- Oregano: 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- To prepare White Sauce, blend ½ the cheese & milk together in a blender to form a creamy cheesy mixture. Keep aside.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan. Add chopped garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Gradually add a flour (a little at a time), mix with the butter, stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Slowly add milk & chesse mixture to the butter & flour mixture, while stirring continuously. Add a little pinch of oregano and mix well.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta. Cook al dente (soft but not not too soggy) following the timing instructions on the package.
- Drain the pasta, toss immediately with the cottage cheese mixture, and serve hot.