A delicious and easy to prepare Aloo Paneer Masala / Curry recipe, perfect side dish to have with chapati, parantha and even with rice dishes.
- Paneer, cubed: 250 gms
- Potatoes, cubed: 200 gms / 3-4 large potatoes
- Tomatoes, roughly chopped: 2 small
- Onions: 3 (grated)
- Garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Ginger paste: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 3 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
- Chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- White oil / mustard oil: 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream: 1/4 cup (optional)
- Coriander leaves, chopped (to garnish)
- Boil water in a bowl and release the paneer cubes. Switch off gas and keep the bowl covered for 10 mins. Drain the paneer cubes and keep aside. (You can also lightly saute the paneer cubes if desired).
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add sugar and saute the grated onions, add the ginger & garlic paste, mix well. Add the chopped tomatoes and combine with the masala.
- Add the cubed potatoes, turmeric, cumin and jeera powder, salt and garam masala and mix well so that the masala coats the potatoes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook covered till potatoes are tender.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix carefully and adjust water to get a gravy of desired consistency and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cream, chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Sending this paneer dish to the following events, JFI-Paneer guest hosted by Cardamom; Radhika's and Sudeshna's Foods For 7 Stages Of Life-Kids Special and to Think Spice-Think Turmeric guest hosted by Sudeshna, event started by Sunita..