I wrote about Eggs in Milk in my earlier post. Lots of my friends were very curious about this recipe. So here is the recipe for Eggs in Milk.
As everyone know, eggs are considered a good source of nutrition as they add protein and other nutrients to one’s diet. A nutritious & delicious recipe with the goodness of egg & milk with very few ingredients and it also takes very little time to cook.
Chicken eggs are the most commonly eaten eggs. They supply all essential amino acids and provide several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, riboflavin, folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, choline, iron, calcium, phosphorus and potassium. They are also an inexpensive single-food source of protein.
Choline is an important nutrient for development of the brain, and is said to be important for pregnant and nursing women to ensure healthy fetal brain development.Ingredients:
- 100 gms / 4 eggs
- 2 cups water (to boil eggs)
- 1 cup / 250 ml milk
- 4 tbsp onion paste (2-3 large onions, made into a paste)
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp white oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Add water and pressure-cook the eggs till 3 whistles. Drain water and de-shell the boiled eggs. Make 4 small slits with a knife on the outer edge of the eggs. Keep aside.
- Chop the onions, put in a blender with a green chilli. Add 1 tbsp of water and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in non-stick deep bottomed pan / kadhai. Reduce flame and add the onion – chilli paste. Saute a little (make sure that the paste do not turn brown).
- Add the ginger & garlic paste and stir well.
- Gradually add the milk and keep stirring continuously. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Release the eggs in the gravy. Increase the flame and let the gravy thicken a bit. (You can add ½ cup water, if required).
- Remove from flame and transfer the eggs in the serving bowl. Pour the gravy on top.
- Garnish with the chopped fresh coriander leaves. Serve with stuffed paranthas & green salads.