I prepared this soup keeping in mind my son, who do not like to have soup other than chicken soup (cream of chicken, sweet corn chicken soup to name a few). I thanked my lucky stars, when on the way to Nainital he tasted tomato soup for the first time and liked it tremendously.
So now my kid has 2 soups in his menu, chicken soup and tomato soup. I did not use black pepper when I made the soup initially for him. You can always add the freshly ground black pepper at the end (as per taste).
- 250 gms tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cream, whipped
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 cups water
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- fried bread croutons, for garnishing
- Dissolve cornflour in 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 cup of butter at 100% power for 30 secs.
- Add chopped garlic, onions, tomatoes, salt and 1/2 cup water. Microwave covered at 100% power for 5-6 mins. Let it cool in the microwave for 5 mins.
- Blend in a blender, strain to form a smooth tomato puree.
- Take another microwave safe bowl, add the tomato puree, 3 cups water and cornflour mixture and mix well. Microwave at 100% power for 4 mins. Stir in between.
- Remove from microwave. Stir in the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fried bread croutons and serve hot.
Click the logo for details.