Fresh coriander leaves (dhania patta / cilantro) is one of the most commonly and widely used herb in Indian Kitchen. An all time favourite for garnishing and enhance the visual appeal of a dish. They are used as seasoning in curries, salads & soups and also a must have accompaniment for snacks including chappatis / paranthas.
My mother used to make this green chutney and serve with snacks…She used to add roasted peanuts / bhujiya / ganthia and make this chutney in sil – nora (grinding stone to grind spices to have that authentic taste). I make this chutney in a blender these days....
- 2-3 bunch fresh coriander leaves / cilantro
- 2 green chillies
- 2 flakes of garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp ganthia / chanachur
- a little water
- Wash and clean fresh coriander leaves. Put all the ingredients (except lemon juice) in a blnder and blend to form a puree.
- Strain and add lemon juice. Mix well. Adjust salt and sugar as per your taste.