One of my favourite vegetarian items is any paneer dish. I just love to gorge on paneer tikkas, palak paneer, kadhai paneer, matar paneer, paneer pakora, paneer butter masala, yummmm, the list in endless.
Paneer is a basic source of protein for the vegetarians other than lentils. Here is the recipe for Hariyali Paneer Tikka, a vegetarian’s delight & tempting appetizer / snack, prepared with paneer (fresh cottage cheese) and marinated in yogurt.
- 500 gms paneer, cubed / diced
- 1 big capsicum, de-seeded & diced
- 2 red & firm tomatoes, de-seeded & diced
- 1 cup hung curd / yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 4-6 green chilies, paste
- 2 tbsp onion paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp roasted caraway seeds powder (shahi jeera)
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp white oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Beat the curd and combine the other ingredients of the marinade. Take the paneer and chopped capsicum & tomato pieces, add the marinade and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Place the marinated paneer and vegetables on the high rack on a microwave safe flat dish and grill 15-20 mins till light golden brown on all sides.
- Reposition the paneer and the vegetables frequently (after a gap for 3-4 mins) and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle a little chat masala and roasted shahi jeera powder; garnish with coriander leaves and serve with salads / chutneys.
Yellow is the color of sunshine and associated with joy, happiness, intellect and energy. Yellow produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity and is often associated with food. I love the particular colour of this dish.
Sending this to FIC-Favourite guest hosted by Sweath, event started by Sunshinemom...This paneer dish is also going to to My Favourite Things-Cheese and Think Spice-Think Caraway Seeds guest hosted by Sathya of Appetite Treats