Recipe for Green Peas Soup . A very light and nutritious soup, just right to have before any Chinese meal.
- 6 teacups clear vegetable stock
- 1 teacup tender green peas, shelled
- ½ teacup cauliflower florets, small
- ½ teacup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 pinches sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil on a high flame in a wok / frying pan.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry over a high flame for 3-4 mins.
- Add the stock, sugar, pepper powder and salt.
- Make a mixture of soya sauce and cornflour in ½ cup of water and slowly add to the soup.
- Cook for another 3-4 mins while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot with chillies in vinegar, soya sauce and chilli sauce.