Iced tea, is a form of cold tea, often served in a tall glass over ice. It may or may not be sweetened. It can be mixed with flavored syrup, common flavors include lemon, peach, raspberry, lime and cherry. Apart from real tea, other herbs are also sometimes served cold and referred to as (herbal) iced tea.
Here is the recipe for Honey, Lime & Mint Iced Tea, a refreshing natural cold drink and a simple iced tea, with the taste of lime and mint. The iced tea will be much better flavoured if freshly squeezed lime juice and honey are added just before serving to get that sweet and tangy taste. Very simple to prepare at home too. All you need.....
- 5 cups water
- 4 tea bags
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 6 tsp sugar (to taste)
- 2 tsp honey (to taste)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Boil water in a tea pot and add tea bags, mint and sugar.
- Cover the tea pot and let it brew for 3-5 minutes. Strain out the tea bags and mint leaves.
- Pour into tall glases half filled with ice. Add honey, stir and mix well.
- Chill and add freshly squeezed lime juice before serving.
Sit back, relax and enjoy your drink.
Here are the other entries for the event.